Tuesday 28 June 2016

OFFICIAL: Liverpool Complete £30m Signing of Sadio Mane From Southampton

3384122The Senegal international forward becomes the fourth new acquisition under Jurgen Klopp’s charge at Anfield and he will wear the No.19 shirt for the Reds next season
Liverpool have wrapped up the £30 million signing of Sadio Mane from Southampton on a five-year deal.
The 24-year-old becomes the club’s third-most expensive acquisition behind Andy Carroll (£35m) and Christian Benteke (£32.5m) after completing a medical as well as agreeing personal terms with the Reds.
He is the fourth new recruit under Jurgen Klopp’s charge, following Marko Grujic, Joel Matip and Loris Karius to Anfield ahead of the German’s first full campaign at the helm.
Mane’s pace, pressing, versatility, propensity for shots inside the box, dribbling strength and combined 21-goal tally over the past two Premier League seasons distinguished him as one of Liverpool’s priorities in the market.
3392672
He will wear the No.19 shirt, vacated by Steven Caulker, becoming the 10th player at the club to don those digits.
Klopp has long admired Mane’s attributes, paying close attention to the Senegal international’s progress at Red Bull Salzburg, who snapped him up from French outfit Metz after he dazzled at the 2012 Olympics.
The 49-year-old drove the deal for the speedster, who is expected to add an extra dimension to his attacking options, and aligns with the manager’s full-throttle approach.

Manchester United twice tried to sign Mane over the past year but Southampton rejected their efforts.
On the move, the player said: “Today is a big day and I am very happy to sign for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.
“It’s a club that has won a lot of trophies and has a big history.
“Now I am looking forward to meeting all the staff and my teammates and starting the season.
“I knew Liverpool were interested in me, I had some [other] opportunities, but I think for me this is the right club, the right coach and the right moment to change.
“I am very happy to be a part of Liverpool Football Club.
“He [Klopp] said he wanted me to come to play for Liverpool. I didn’t even have to ask myself, I said straight away ‘yes, I am interested’ because I know Liverpool.
“I am convinced Liverpool are the right club for me with the right coach.”
The Generation Foot academy graduate becomes the fifth player to to swap St Mary’s Stadium for Anfield in the past three seasons for a combined cost of £92m, following Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren and Nathaniel Clyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment